I actually didn’t have a book to post yesterday, because I haven’t read much lately – I’ve been crafting instead! Christmas is getting closer, and those socks aren’t going to knit themselves!
1. If you’ve read much of this blog, you know that I dabble in a lot of different crafts, one of which is knitting. I taught myself to knit by watching youtube videos. I’m not even going to pretend that I’m any good at it, but I do know how. I also know how to crochet, but ever since I learned how to knit, I have been turning my nose up at crochet. I don’t know why. I mean, what has crochet ever done to me? I need to either reevaluate, or get rid of all of my crochet hooks. Except, it occurs to me, that I need them to help weave in the ends of something I’ve knit. Curse you, crochet!!
2. I have more or less finally cleaned up the sewing room. It only took my six months. I did actually get rid of quite a lot (Denver will disagree, I’m sure). So far, I have not suddenly needed anything that I know I gave away. However, I did discover a new craft, which luckily, does not require a ton of new supplies.
3. The new craft is sculpting with paper clay, if you can consider smooshing the clay around a Styrofoam ball sculpting. I made some pumpkin magnets for Halloween, and I was pretty happy with how they turned out, even though they weren’t exactly what they were supposed to be. I didn’t get them all completely finished, though, because I was also working on my Halloween costume.
4. For Halloween, I made a poodle skirt. The pattern actually recommends felt for the skirt, which I didn’t want to use because it’s just yucky. I’m glad I did, though, because I didn’t need to hem it or use interfacing, which saved me maybe thirty minutes. The felt is so stiff, though, the skirt actually stands up by itself, which is both fascinating and slightly disturbing.
5. This weekend, I need to finish a quilt, but I know that won’t happen. I figure if I am realistic about what I know I am most likely to get done, maybe I will surprise myself and finish more than anticipated. It could happen.
What are you guys doing this weekend?